GIVE THANKS FOR THE WATCHMEN DRUM & BUGLE CORPS AND SUPPORT THE CORPS!
What began in 2012 as a response to the commercialism of Black Friday and Cyber Monday has grown into an international movement celebrating the vital work that nonprofit organizations do and providing a platform for significant charitable giving. People around the world donate tens of millions of dollars on #GivingTuesday – it’s estimated that more than $45 million was donated to nonprofits in 2017 through Facebook alone. In fact, Facebook will be matching contributions on a first-come, first-served basis.
Watchmen are onboard! Join the cause!
Here’s how it works:
• Make sure you have liked the Watchmen official Facebook page – this page
• Invite your friends and family to like our page also
• Between now and November 27, keep your eyes peeled on Facebook for announcements and hype for #GivingTuesday
• Share the announcements and add your own thoughts about what the Watchmen mean to you. Say that you will be acting on #GivingTuesday and invite others to join you
• Beginning at 5 a.m.PST on Tuesday, November 27, make your gift in any amount to the Watchmen through our Facebook page. The link to do so will be easy to find and easy to use. Every gift matters!
• Share with your friends that you did so and encourage them to do the same
• Beginning at 5 a.m. and lasting until its matching pool is depleted (not a long time), Facebook will match contributions up to $50,000 per charity.
• What this means is that with enough hype and excitement from our most devoted fans and alumni, we can raise some much-needed funds to support the Watchmen, and get a healthy match from Facebook in the process!
Now more than ever, your support is critical in helping the Watchmen provide a life-changing experience for our members and entertain thousands of fans every year.
During this Thanksgiving season, please think about the role the Watchmen has played in your life, and then act. And spread the word!